D-Ford Design Thinking Catalyst (Community Engagement)
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 6008
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Community Action team sets strategy, creates infrastructure, and facilitates opportunities for a broad community of Design Thinkers at Ford and enthusiasts, to help others learn about or undertake design thinking projects. This is the group most responsible for fueling and driving the movement across the enterprise. There are components of storytelling, events, training, and coaching that this community takes on with the Community Action team. The goal of this team is complete work behavior transformation using both top down and bottom up grassroots efforts.
As aDesign Thinking Catalystyou will...
- Enable and accelerate Ford's global community of Design Thinkers and employees interested in new ways of working and thinking. Connect global members to facilitate learning, networking, training, and coaching opportunities
- Create local chapters of design thinking enthusiasts throughout the global organization that can train, coach, coordinate events, and facilitate design thinking projects
- Create packaged tools "Project in a box", resources, and methods easily leveraged for different types of design and critical thinking projects and workshops
- Organize, run, and support internal global community learning and networking events for internal employees and support external community events
- Design and execute a comprehensive digital strategy that encompasses learning resources, inspiration, events, and stories of design thinking practice at Ford, driving community engagement
- Develop and create a sustainment plan for a "Get Unstuck" Triage Service that helps connect teams who are stuck with design and critical thinking support, coaches, tools, and resources
- Enable design thinking Champions with the necessary training and infrastructure to deliver learning sessions, facilitate, and coach teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or moreyears of experience in hands-on Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking or Community Engagementroles
- High School Diploma / GED
- Five or moreyears of experience in hands-on Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking or Community Engagement roles
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on human-centered design craft(s), design thinking, and/or community engagement roles
- Sharp and dynamic communication and storytelling skills for a wide range of stakeholders
- Leading with empathy
- Upbeat, optimistic, and engaged
- Deep curiosity
- Planning and execution
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Digital strategy and/or communications background
- Community management
- Community activism/development
- Design acumen: ability to understand how creative professionals work, their needs and mindset but also to think creatively with high foresight
- Strong relationship-building skills with an ability to gain trust and confidence
- Thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment with ambiguity and complexity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with other creative content creation tools like Adobe
- Passionate about the employee experience
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
BRING YOUR T
We don't hire "Design Thinkers." We hire T-people. You:
- Have deep expertise in a craft
- Are comfortable working in relatively flat and dynamic teams
- Are passionate to work on ambiguous and complex future challenges
- Have a collaborative and empathetic mindset to solve problems with teams across Ford
Alongside everyone's role as a designer of world class design content, you will also be expected to contribute to a range of communities to maintain our creative culture. We call theseCommunity Hats.
They can range from stewarding the lab, leading a workshop, mentoring others, contributing to publications, hosting a tour with executives, bringing your maker skills to build prototypes, or leading your craft in a global community of like-minded designers.
These global communities will ensure that we stay connected across the organization, and constantly push the impact of what we do. They can act as additional areas of responsibility, helping to push careers in different directions.
We have four global labs: Palo Alto, Detroit, London and soon, Shanghai.
You'll be part of a growing organization in the heart of Ford's Product Development Center to drive innovation from the inside out.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 45920BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford Design Thinking Catalyst (Community Engagement)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US