Core Automation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 5674
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life.We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Design full automation frameworks to support our automated test processes
- Understand the full life cycle of validation and look for ways to improve efficiency across the entire automation team
- Architect full scale automation solutions for our distributed lab environments
- Work hand in hand with automation leads in each of the areas of our product automation to ensure a robust solution that integrates seamlessly with our other virtual test environments
- Mentor other team members on software best practices and conduct code reviews
- Deliver test automation scripts to support validation of our Ford Infotainment products
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineer or Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience programming with Python and/or Java
- 2+ years of experience using Docker
- 2+ years of experience designing and/or maintaining automation frameworks
- 1+ year of experience with Appium and/or Selenium
- Master's degreein Computer Science,Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10+years of experience with Python
- 4+ years of experience designing and/or maintaining automation frameworks
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 44802BR
Community / Marketing Title: Core Automation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US