FordLabs - Software Engineer
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan US
Job Number: 5532
FordLabs Software Engineer
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you'll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you're looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people's lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
What you'll be able to do:
Drive next-generation innovations at FordLabs, our software incubation group. Through the principles of human-centered design, Lean startup, and eXtreme programming, we leverage the build-measure-learn cycle to ship working, tested software at market speed.As part of our FordLabs team, you will leverage eXtreme programming and cloud technologies to deliver value while creating products sustainably. You'll work across the full stack of technologies to enable the highest priority work to be delivered. Within this highly-collaborative environment, you will:
- Provide thought leadership across the greater Ford community
- Define, design, develop, and deploy applications/services
- Create proof-of-concepts to test business ideas with working software
- Use Agile principles and eXtreme programming to sustainably and efficiently engineer software
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, and other software engineers to define product direction
- Integrate with other Ford systems and business processes to create new digital experiences
- Partner with software engineers from other teams to create solutions with proven value
- Collaborate with Autonomous Vehicle, Marketing, Advanced Analytics, etc. to define customer needs and exceed customer expectations
- Bachelor's degree
- One or more years of experience with Java/Java Script
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Passion for software engineering, especially object-oriented design analysis, functional programming, SOLID, etc.
- Proficiency working in an eXtreme programming (XP) environment, including paired programming and test-first/test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Expertise writing software for mobile devices (e.g., iOS, Android, etc.)
- Background writing software for web front-end development using Angular, React, etc.
- Experience with API-based back-end systems using tech stacks like Java-Spring
- Knowledge of persistence technologies (e.g., RDBMS, no-SQL, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 44075BR
Community / Marketing Title: FordLabs - Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ann Arbor, Michigan US