FordLabs Product Designer
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan US
Job Number: 5313
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live!
FordLabs is a software incubation group within Fords Marketing and Sales organization. Through the principles of Human-Centered Design, Lean Startup, and eXtreme Programming, FordLabs teams live the build-measure-learn cycle to ship working, tested software at market speed. If you would like to know more about FordLabs, please visit Fordlabs.com
What you'll be able to do:
We are looking for people who have a passion for growing their skills, engaging in interesting work, and tackling challenging problems as we build the future of mobility at Ford. As a Product Designer you will be part of a growing team of like-minded designers, product managers and engineers; who all love to share ideas and collaborate on customer focused products. You'll be responsible for the research, sketching, wireframes, and hi-fidelity design through the life cycle of an engagement.
- The voice of the user. Represent the user's perspective throughout the product lifecycle - from problem discovery, solution ideation and validation through iterative development and delivery. Maintain a user-centered approach to design.
- Seek to understand. Guide product decisions through user research and iterative feedback. Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis.
- Be Empathetic. Work as a collaborative team member with business partners, product managers, developers and fellow designers.
- Take the stage. Facilitate and lead design thinking sessions with various technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Support the team. Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints.
- Sharpen your pencil. Rapidly iterate design prototypes and working applications.
- See the beauty in the ideas. Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Document the outcomes. Produce materials for business partners and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets.
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two or more years of experience in product design
- Two or more years of experience in user testing and research
- Two or more years of experience in a user experience or interface design
Our preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Design, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience coaching and guiding others in UX and visual design.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with conducting discovery and user validation interviews.
- Experience working independently with clients.
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Exposure to paired programming and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Command of modern front-end technologies and frameworks (grid systems, responsive design).
- Experience with Web and Mobile Accessibility.
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems.
- Technical and problem solving mindset.
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 43690BR
Community / Marketing Title: FordLabs Product Designer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ann Arbor, Michigan US