D-Ford Communication Design: Digital Interface/UI
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 5055
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Communication Designers are the clarifying voice, an integrative and ordering force that shapes our work and makes its purpose clear to the world. Communication Design plays a critical role in our dynamic, interdisciplinary teams. Using storytelling, design systems, brand and tone, you will help weave a common thread through the work we do, for our teams at Ford as well as for the outside world.
As a Communication Designer you will...
- Own the visuals and storytelling for projects where harmonious collaboration is imperative
- Conceive, design, test, and develop new products and services
- Help uncover insights about our customers and tell their stories so they resonate with the business
- Cut straight to the heart of the problem, and love making complex challenges feel simple and intuitive yet realistic and tangible to our business
- Revel in the art of detail, with a desire to shape the bigger picture so people can make the connection between the customer, our designs and the business strategy
- Feel comfortable with brand identity, art direction and visual and verbal design for screens, print and storytelling
- Stay up to speed on communication trends to bring real-world inspiration to our work, so we are always pushing the edge of what is possible
- Strike a balance between visual and verbal tone, integrating points of view from a multidisciplinary team of creative professionals and subject matter experts in the business
- Create prototypes that help tell a project's story, enabling co-creation and collaboration amongteams
- Always push your craft, experimenting with new and better ways to convey a message through visual or verbal tone
- Thrive on solving problems in an ambiguous and complex environment
- Provide thought partnership, conceptualization skills, and a keen sense of visual aesthetics across multiple projects simultaneously
- Grow your skills and be motivated by continuous learning; teaching yourself the software/tools needed to most effectively solve the problem and tell the story
- Balance your passion and skills as a graphic designer through print as well as digital interfaces, digital products and digital experiences
- Visualize complex frameworks, infographics and user journey maps clearly and succinctly
- Establish communication design best practices and educate team on communication design techniques
- Represent the depth of the Communication Design craft as an individual contributor, and as a mentor and guide for more junior staff
- Explain, discuss and justify design decisions eloquently
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or New Media
- 5+ years' Communication Design experience across a breadth of media
- High School Diploma or GEDand6+years' experiencein Graphic Design, Communication Design or New Media
- 4+ years' experience using human-centered design, design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting
Our preferred qualifications:
- Passionate about automotive and transportation industry
- Extensive experience across a variety of media (print and digital) including fluency in the following software: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, Microsoft Office, Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Invision Studio (or other relevant digital software). Experience with After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro, video editing and motion graphics is a plus.
- Strong background in digital design and traditional print graphics
- Experience of designing and/or facilitating group collaboration workshops
- Experience of using design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 42610BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford Communication Design: Digital Interface/UI
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US