D-FORD INTERACTION DESIGN LEAD
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 4814
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Our Interaction Designers create seamless product and service experiences for people in a constantly evolving mobility landscape. Grounded in a deep understanding of user needs, we explore, design, prototype, and launch services to create experiences that bind together physical products, digital services and human interactions.
As an Interaction Designer you will...
- Participate throughout the entire design process-from inspiration and research to building prototypes and communicating a vision, bringing to life integrated digital-physical experiences through brand, people, space, products and services.
- Work with a project team to conceive, design, develop, test, and launch new products and services, applying systems thinking to information and experience design that seamlessly engages people.
- Elicit user pain points and design opportunities during human-centered design research, grounding ideas and actionable concepts in user and business needs, design principles, and technical capabilities.
- Apply systems thinking to information and experience design that seamlessly engages people through touchpoints along a service journey for consumer and business applications.
- Collaborate on designing, running and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity-from scenario storytelling, wireframing, data visualization, click-through prototypes, animation, and motion design to functional prototypes and build-ready assets.
- Bachelor's degree in New Media, HCI, Interaction Design, or Service DesignORHigh School Diploma or GED and Two or more years of work experience in interaction design.
- Two or more years of experience using human centered design, design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting.
Our preferred requirements:
- Hands-on experience of and passion for building user interface and prototypes, from digital to tangible proofs of concept.
- Experience of working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of working on digital products and services for consumer and business applications.
- Experience of working with software development teams and methods to bring products to market.
- Experience of working at startups.
- Passionate about automotive and mobility industry.
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 40581BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-FORD INTERACTION DESIGN LEAD
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US