Head of UX, Ford Credit
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 4575
About the job
We're seeking an innovative, expansive thinker to provide both inspiration and organizational leadership and lead ourdesignvision, strategy and implementation of an array of experiences across the Ford Credit portfolio of products,including:mobile (iOS+Android),and web. A key area of responsibility is developing our team's collective muscle for delivering high-fidelity, increasingly expressivedesigns across surfaces and modalities. This role will report to theCPOand partner closely with the heads of PM and Engineering forFord Credit,andin additionleadUser Research. You will be part of the broader Ford Design community and benefit from the support of D-Ford, our design organization. You'll be responsible for driving a healthy, inclusive culture and orchestrating across a broad range of functions and features to produce nonpareildesigns and ensure collaboration, transparency and clarity between multiple offices, teams and functions.
You're a diplomatic leader with a strong point of view, serving as a vanguard for expressivedesignand new standards. You have an uncanny sense for envisioning and driving high-order logistics that will help scale the team and function and promote a high bar for craft and quality across the organization. The role will significantly influence the experience ofourusers so an unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of users is a must. Accordingly, it is critical that you have a prowess for empathetic, inclusivedesignthat accounts for end-to-end user journeys which extend across a manifold of users, geographies, devices, products and services.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy anddesign. Our UX teams includedesigners, researchers, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touchesour userswhile exemplifying a key principle that is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Build andProvide visionfortheUX teamfor Ford Credit.Leaddesigners at each level of the PDO
- Drivedesignand execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Advocate effectively on behalf of theFord CreditUX teams and their users, empowering them visibly and behind the scenes.
- Build relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside of theFord Credit team, to socialize and synthesize experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Provide indirect leadership across our broader, multi-disciplinary UX organization to guide our collective ongoing evolution of UX and organizational best practices at the company.
Please include a portfolio demonstrating your work.
- Bachelor's degree inDesign, HCI, InteractionOR a High School diploma and10+ years of equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with leadership level roles creating strategy anddesigning products.
- 7+ years of experiencedesigning/developing for front-end mobile and web technologies.
- 5+ years of experience working collaboratively withdesigners, product managers and engineers.
- Experience leading large teams and driving organizationaldesign, career development, operations and culture - both within UX organizations and in partnership with PM and Engineering teams.
- Track record of contributions to innovative, successful products and UI Platforms.
- Fluency in roles, methods, processes and best practices for user-centereddesign.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of an organization.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 39882BR
Community / Marketing Title: Head of UX, Ford Credit
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US