Director of SRE
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 11139
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you'll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you're looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people's lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Ford Credit services-both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems-have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE's will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
As the Director of SRE , you'll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Ford Credit, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers on projects used and enjoyed by users worldwide. Manage Ford Credit's uptime record.
- Own availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, care for the team, and establish credibility with the quality of the team's technical execution.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Ford Credit Services.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 10+ years of experience with Infra operations , preferably in a high paced dynamic environment
- 4 + years of hands-on experience with SRE
- 5+ years defining product vision, functional requirements, release plans, and roadmaps.
- 5+ years of experience translating business objectives into execution strategy, and successful execution of the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
- Cloud , DevOps and Engineering Certifications
- Innovating, anticipating the future, and working toward continuous improvement in Infra and SRE domain.
- Dealing with ambiguity to develop solutions that work for partners from various subject areas to meet an aggressive timeline
- Experience with relational database internals and deployment at cloud scale is preferred
- Experience in cloud application development solutions, such as GCP, Kubernetes is highly preferred.
- Experience leading teams of greater than 100 people
- History of strong leadership focused on a collaborative, results-oriented culture, visionary thought leadership. A validated teammate who will build a collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the capability to facilitate deep technical conversations; ability to explain clearly the benefits of an architectural approach.
- Communicating a new direction or change with a clear rationale and/or sense of urgency
- Adapting communication content, approach, or style around change to appeal to different audiences
- Ability to identify key drivers, core assumptions, and significant trends across a complex, competitive landscape.
- Patents in the Infrastructure Area.
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For Information On Ford's Benefits And Compensation, Click Here
Join our team as we build tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while crafting value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 65027BR
Community / Marketing Title: Director of SRE
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US