AV/EV Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 11103
Job Description & Qualifications : At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you'll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you're looking for the chance to demonstrate advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people's lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as sensible as you are. Position Overview/Description: Ford's IT organization is broadening its focus within the area of Embedded Cyber Security in the automotive environment. We are both researching and reviewing new enterprise-wide features and technologies, as well as providing frameworks, processes and tools to help the research.
Technology is advancing, connection mechanisms are growing, and consumers and hackers are becoming more sophisticated. With increasing networking between modules and access points into the vehicle it has increased thereby opening up new potential vulnerabilities. Automobiles are no longer mere mechanical devices but are controlled by dozens of digital computers coordinated by internal networks. While all this technology has allowed for better personalized experiences, seamless integration into a person's lifestyle, differential services, predictive diagnostics and safer driving conditions, the increase in complexity drives the need for advanced security and data solutions.
We are expanding the role of advanced embedded computing platforms, coupled with cloud-based services, to deliver applications which will redefine the experience of owning, maintaining, driving and interacting with Ford Motor Company vehicles. Security needs to be built into each of these growing technologies.
The In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineer will act as a technical lead designing security into our vehicles. Engineers will evaluate, critique, and drive secure designs from concept to implementation. In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineers identify new methods of securing our technologies from drafting specifications to completing testing.
Engineers need to be able to understand and evaluate risk for in-vehicle systems. Recognizing and accommodating the limitations of embedded in-vehicle systems is important. Engineers are expected to take ownership of assignments including developing in-depth understanding of the technologies under review, working to close security gaps and mitigate identified vulnerabilities, and report out to security management. Over time, Engineers will grow to become domain authorities acting to develop and mature security controls and features in the vehicle. What you will do:
- Support major product launches with security and issue triage needs
- Vehicle level solution and process integration
- Develop and maintain security requirements and design validation methodologies (DVM)
- Develop and maintain user documentation as required
- Provide training and consulting to internal and external functional teams
- Conduct a threat model to identify the vulnerabilities to vehicles
- Perform risk analysis so that appropriate countermeasures can be developed
- Collaborate on Advanced Engineering projects with internal and partners
- Research technologies and security benchmarking data gathering
- Some traveling required (plant support, conferences, regional team meetings, government/academia visits, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience with embedded and/or automotive systems
- 1+ years of experience with in-vehicle network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN etc.)
- Experience with system engineering, development, and testing
- Ability to develop and maintain engineering documentation including requirements, specifications, test plans, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience in manufacturing environments
- Experience with SecOC, AUTOSAR, and IOT security
- Conceptual understanding of security methodologies and challenges
- 1+ years professional Security experience or security focus as part of degree program
- Understanding of system level architecture, development, design principals
- Experience verifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses in system design
- Experience applying security fundamentals (such as Cryptography, keying, PKI, TLS)
- Master's degree or higher in technical field
If you have the determination to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been shown to play a significant role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 64781BR
Community / Marketing Title: AV/EV Cyber Security Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US