Digital Data and Network Strategy Manager - Remote
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 11058
Vehicle generated data is critical to driving Ford's transition from a manufacturer of vehicles to a producer of vehicles for the delivery of digital experiences and brand enhancing services.
Ford is transforming the transportation industry, delivering higher levels of autonomation, continuously upgradeable performance, and seamless connected experiences. Software, connectivity, and data are the cornerstones of this evolution, delivering the foundational elements by which Ford will drive this evolution. This role will be central to Ford's success in enabling a truly software defined vehicle.
The Digital Data and Network Strategy Manger will drive the evolution of Ford's end to end data strategy, to most optimally collect, storage, and leverage connected vehicle data to enable continuous learning and improvement of the in and out of vehicle experience.
The Digital Data and Network Manger reports directly to the Software Portfolio Director of Tech Strategy & Planning. This position is the recognized single point of contact for all vehicle data related technology strategy and planning work for current and future software architectures, and for all current and future programs. This work falls generally under the category of what is commonly called "Fully Networked Vehicle" or "FNV". This role is responsible for ensuring vision and strategy for safe, secure and cost-effective accessibility, transfer, storage, distribution and both onboard and offboard analysis as well as planning development, including the technical unit papers for future iterations of the data activation strategy.
What you will be able to Do
The Digital Data and Network Manager must have a vision for how data sets and vehicle signals can be correlated to derive information about the vehicle state, driver, and features usage patterns. The role goes beyond access to and distribution of data and must drive forward looking strategies for leveraging data to enable design enhancements, increased uptime through prognostics and efficient root cause analysis, and the development of targeted net new features based on data collected.
You will interface with Research, Product, Engineering and network topology, IT, Finance and Vehicle Programs regularly to ensure all technical architecture plans are aligned, appropriate, and achievable. The role will ultimately be responsible to translate work items into strategy papers and technical unit papers with developed business cases. These papers will be recommended for approval at VP or EVP level and adjust the Technology Cycle Plan. This role will lead a team.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience with digital and software strategy and product management min
- 5+ years of experience in leveraging on-board and offboard analytical, AI/ML solutions to generate tangible insights
- 5+ years of experience in developing end-end connectivity and/or automotive IoT solutions which provide access to data internal to the OEM and to authorized third parties
- 5+ years of experience product managing data journey and analysis from conception to launch, with the product delivering end-user experiences - 5 years min
Our Preferred Requirements
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, or Informatics
- Proven experience in software lifecycle management, when building a software factory / Devops mentality
- Working experience in automotive industry, focusing on data collection or analysis
- Working experience with large scale geo-location and time-series data sets
- Proven experience with product management of commercial and open-source software integration
- Proven software strategy experience within the high performance in-vehicle compute, with familiarity of the embedded operating environment including but not limited to AUTOSAR adaptive, Linux, Real Time Operating Systems, in-vehicle/cloud virtualization.
- Experience in Evaluating cloud analytics application requirements and providing architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on different cloud environments
- Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware, Xen, OpenStack, and Hyper-V
- Experience in infrastructure and / or cloud operations
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Job Number: 63370BR
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Data and Network Strategy Manager - Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US