Product Design Manager
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 11055
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a Digital Product Design Manager for Prototyping, you excel at bringing possibilities to life and expanding the collective imagination by leading prototyping across a wide range of media. You have a passion for developing outstanding user experiences and leading teams to understand people's needs. You help uncover what matters most to customers and translate research data into product innovation. You lead a team in iterative prototyping process and mindset, building to identify what is desirable and feasible. Your methods will inspire teams to make-to-learn and enable testing with real users.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead prototyping from low to high fidelity simulations of new multi-device / multisensory in-vehicle user interactions and experiences for internal communication and for testing with customers
- Help teams build reusable software and hardware tools, to make prototyping of user experiences quicker and more accessible to co-workers
- Operate like a specialist but with the curiosity and desire to stretch across technologies
- Be a mentor and highly collaborative, working with researchers, UX designers and engineering teams to identify technology constraints
- Collaborate with suppliers to design, develop, document, and maintain software / hardware prototypes
- Manage teams to deliver to established project milestones
The minimum requirements we seek:
- 1+ years of experience leading a team
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing hardware / software prototypes to support product development
- 2+ years' experience working with single-board microcontrollers / computers (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi), sensors and actuators for prototyping connected products, services and experiences
- 5+ years of experience of using human-centered design and design thinking methods
Our preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience building Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API) solutions
- Experience with voice control, IoT, Extended Reality, Algorithm driven design or Cloud a plus
- Experience developing with Framer Experience developing in Android Experience with various low fidelity physical prototyping tools and techniques (e.g. cardboard, foam core, laser cutting, 3D printing)
- Basic understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with internal cross-functional team members and external business partners
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 64782BR
Community / Marketing Title: Product Design Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US