Technical Specialist - In house design
Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 10983
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
We are building the next generation of smart, electric vehicles. Join our Product Development team and help us make the new era of transportation a reality. By applying strong scientific, engineering and design principles with a strong customer focus, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for innovation and bringing new technology to our automotive products. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
Architect and design the next generation of Electrical/Electronic modules with respect to High Performance Computing design for vehicle autonomy and entertainment. The engineering leader will be responsible for putting together architectures for the next generation compute, power and communication modules. Design, implement and review schematics as well as layouts for printed circuit board (PCB). The engineering leader would also be responsible for developing test plans and monitor execution of validation testing. The engineering leader will be responsible for creating new validations test setups to facilitate High Speed digital testing as well as power testing. The engineering leader will work closely with the Ford electronics product development teams, as well as with Safety, Software, Mechanical, and Manufacturing teams to assure robust and safe designs. Provide technical support to product design teams.
- Lead a hardware design team and oversee all functional areas of the design
- Support product definition and customer requirements from proof of concept through production and warranty analysis
- Develop test plans, block diagrams, processor/system on chip interface requirements
- Improve hardware design by establishing simulation guidelines for all designs
- Support contract manufacturer relationships with production support
- Mentor and lead validation test plans and automation efforts to improve output
- Foster a highly collaborative, motivated team environment and partner with hardware engineers, suppliers, manufacturers, quality engineers, project managers, embedded system engineers, embedded software developers, and embedded software quality assurance engineers daily
- Collaborate with the software team to support hardware bring-up and testing
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or combination of education and equivalent experience
- 10+ years of hardware design experience focusing on high speed digital designs and power management
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or combination of education and equivalent experience
- 12+ years of hardware design experience focusing on high speed digital designs and power management
- Microcontrollers and/or ARM Cortex microprocessors
- Communication such as Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, CAN, LIN, UART, Ethernet, USB, etc.
- High speed interfaces such as PCIe, MIPI and DDR
- Program management skills, customer focus, mentoring skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Full product life cycle for complex compute intensive hardware designs
- Integration of one or more graphical processors and off-the shelf components like modem, etc
- Design and code integration on hardware
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., FMEA, WCCA, etc.)
If you can help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 64243BR
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Specialist - In house design
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US