Lead Consulting Architect - Infrastructure
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10944
Ford Motor Company is looking for a hands-on, dynamic leader who can lead the team that provides holistic Infrastructure Architecture Strategy and Consulting Guidance to operations and software delivery teams. We are seeking a highly motivated, technology-focused individual with a passion to improve and simplify Ford's highly complex global infrastructure environment across Google Cloud Platform (GCP), on-prem data centers, and distributed locations in all major regions.
This role provides day to day leadership of a technical team responsible for architecting key cloud native infrastructure, compute, database, network, storage, and interoperability. Fully remote available - but supporting US Eastern time zone is required.
Technical background in software development life cycle & enablement including
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering, IT, or equivalent work experience in IT infrastructure and/or architecture disciplines
- 10 years of experience in IT or Technology-related disciplines with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Supervisory experience, including building or expanding teams.
- Experience working in a cloud-native (GCP preferred) and hybrid cloud environments, and defining guidelines for development teams and infrastructure platform teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and establish trust and positive relationships across teams
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy on future technology stacks and maturing the stack for wider adoption at the Enterprise Level
- Experience working as a Technical Leader shaping future architectures across compute, storage, database, network, interoperability and security aspects.
- Experience collaborating with technology teams in the design, development, and deployment of digital products
- Experience working globally, and with multiple vendors to bring together cohesive strategies
- Good teambuilding, organizational, and time-management skills
- Behavioral Leadership (ability to handle difficult situations and establish links with others)
- Experience in defining and aligning to SLOs, SLIs and SLAs.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across multiple leadership levels
- Ability to thrive in complexity and make tradeoffs between competing priorities.
- Willing to work in a highly collaborative environment spread across the US, EU, China, Australia, India, and elsewhere, and across internal organizations with different focus areas.
- Proactive attitude and the courage to ask questions.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to adjust messages to deeply technical audiences or senior business leaders.
- A curiosity towards new technologies that may benefit the entire organization and a strong desire to learn
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 64149BR
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Consulting Architect - Infrastructure
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US