Human Resources Associate - Labor Relations (OnSite)
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10936
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you'll be able to do:
This is an onsite position for the Rouge Site located in Dearborn, MI and reports directly to the Labor Relations Supervisor. Labor Relations responsibilities include coordinating Labor Relations functions for hourly employees at the facility including:
- Encouraging an effective, inclusive work environment / culture and relationships, balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company goals and values
- Building strong relationships with operations partners, Union representatives, HR colleagues and specialists, and other business partners to jointly deliver strategic objectives and resolve issues
- Coordinating and assisting in UAW contract negotiations, implementation and ongoing administration of the Master and Local Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Investigating and preparing responses to grievances
- Administering all aspects of union Representative Compensation
- Supporting hourly personnel recruiting and hiring,
- Personnel Relations activities and health and safety activities as required
- Leading HR efforts related to investigations, governmental inquiries / charges, grievance resolution, performance and absence management, complaints of unfair employment practices / discrimination, and disciplinary action
- Coaching, counseling, and educating salaried operations partners on HR policies, processes, programs and plans
- Interpreting data and use technology to proactively identify and diagnose business needs / opportunities and develop solutions to meet those need
- Tracking and reporting on labor planning data and strategies to support our customer
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree Business, Human Resources, Labor Relations, or Communications
- 1+ years Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook experience
- 4+ years' experience dealing directly with employees and management
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree
- 2+ years human resources/labor relations work experience
- 1+ years working with the UAW or other labor union in manufacturing environment with daily interactions with union staff, hourly employees, and leadership
- Previous union contract negotiations experience preferred
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership in behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, negotiation, persuasion and communication skills
- Self-starter with multitasking experience within a fluid, vibrant environment, including ability to manage time and resources
- HR Business Partner experience including project management, change management and/or organizational development
- Demonstrated conflict management skills and experience with delivering HR process improvement actions
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to work closely and successfully with others in order to deliver results
- Ability to handle multiple assignment/projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 64298BR
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Associate - Labor Relations (OnSite)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US