Sr. Quality and Test Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10865
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, products, and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, offering a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
This position will focus on ensuring Ford Pro customers have a positive experience with our charging solutions. Testing will be performed in Ford's state-of-the-art vehicle electrification facility. We'll focus on ensuring the reliable operation of our EV charger with multi-make EVs and our own cloud-based monitoring solution.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead charging product hardware/firmware interoperability testing with EVs and our cloud control and monitoring platform
- Perform hands-on setup, testing, and validation of Ford Pro Charging products (hardware & system)
- Development and documentation of Ford Pro Charging's product test requirements and procedures
- Document and communicate product test results and reports
- Support development of test tool and fixture design requirements
- Coordinate testing activities w/ Ford or 3rd party test labs as needed
- Coordinate "Alpha" testing of OEM hardware and/or firmware updates prior to deployment to other Ford test sites
- Support evaluation of product failures analysis and root cause assessments
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of test & validation professional experience
- 1+ year of EV charging experience
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ yrs experience with testing and validation of EVSE equipment
- Good knowledge and understanding of EVSE standards including UL 2231, UL 2594, SAE J1772, SAE J2953, ISO 15118, OCPP & OpenADR
- Experience w/ automated testing tools and equipment.... (Eg: National Instruments, dSpace, etc)
- 1+ yrs experience with EVSE Test Equipment (Eg: Keysight or Comemso)
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 63973BR
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Quality and Test Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US