2023 MP&L Manufacturing FCG - Former Interns Only
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10785
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. And as you start your career journey, we also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We've got incredible plans for the future of mobility - and your future, too! We're working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. You can play a key role in the development of our innovations as part of the Ford College Graduate Program.
What you'll be able to do:
As part of our Intern to College Graduate program, you'll discover unmatched opportunities to turn your higher education into real-world experience with a company that is redefining human mobility. Designed for those who have already completed a summer internship at Ford, this additional experience will provide you with an even stronger foundation for a future career at Ford.
Material Planning & Logistics (MP&L) Teams work to provide a synchronous flow of materials and vehicles to global customers at an affordable cost. MP&L's work begins in the product development process and encompasses Bill of Material coordination, Parts Scheduling, Engineering Release and Prototype Material Control functions.
MP&L responsibilities continue through Sales Operations with Production Vehicle and Powertrain Capacity Planning, Constraints Management, Vehicle and Powertrain Component Scheduling and Part Requirement Forecasting.
Operations positions within our manufacturing facilities include Production Control, Material Handling, Industrial Material and Industrial Garage. Other key MP&L organizations are Material Flow and Packaging Engineering, Supply Chain Management, System Planning & Implementation along with Material and Finished Vehicle Logistics
To make sure you're ready to hit the ground running and continually move forward, you'll be supported with:
- Comprehensive orientation
- Ongoing Training opportunities
- Unique experiences
- Consistent and constructive feedback
- To further enhance your business, technical and professional competencies, you will be assigned a mentor who will advise and guide you through the many exciting developmental assignments and electives you'll take on. The bottom line is, we're committed to helping you transition into our high performing, inclusive and engaged workforce with the qualities needed to drive the mobility solutions of tomorrow. Once you complete the program, you will be placed within the MP& L team to continue building your career and developing your strategic expertise.
The Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program trains entry-level talent for engineering careers in Manufacturing. Typically, summer interns can apply to the FCG to join the company full-time after graduation. Ford's Manufacturing FCG program mission is to attract early career engineering talent, develop those engineers through varied rotations over a three-year period and provide them a strong, diverse foundation to help launch their Manufacturing careers at Ford.
What Can You Expect as an FCG?
• A program that is three years in length
• Six rotations that are approximately 6 months in length each
• Rotations in a variety of manufacturing roles
• A "Buddy" to support you as you start at Ford and a "Mentor" to help guide you through your FCG program
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Must have completed and passed an internship or co-op with Ford Motor Company within the past 24 months. Note: this posting is only for former interns and co-ops who have previously been employed at Ford. Check out careers.ford.com for other positions available for candidates who have not previously interned or been a co-op at Ford.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Material Planning Logistics, Business Mechanical, Packaging, Industrial, or Operations Engineering
- Candidates must graduate and be available for work prior to September 2023
- Willing to relocate as necessary
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment
- Ability to work with a diverse team
What you'll receive in return:
As part of this exciting program, you'll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You'll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you'll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits.
You'll also receive excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit here .
Job Number: 63632BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2023 MP&L Manufacturing FCG - Former Interns Only
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US