ADAS Target Selection System Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10634
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
Ford's ADAS team designs and develops platforms and systems that provide best-in-class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist, and 360 Camera Systems.
We are seeking professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensing, perception and environment modeling systems. This position covers the system engineering and interfaces of our target selection algorithms which select relevant objects and occupied space from the environment model for use by vehicle controllers.
Come join the Ford Family - put your intelligence to work with us, and you will do the following:
- Work closely with our feature teams, function owners, architects, and suppliers to gather requirements upon the Target Selection function
- Create system level derived requirements and specifications for Target Selection, lead requirement analysis reviews, and determine appropriate test methods
- Lead the implementation of the functional requirements with supplier partners and in-house algorithm teams
- Create test cases and review test results to ensure requirement compliance
- Use our in-house analytical tools to characterize performance, review vehicle logs, and triage issues
- Share performance analysis and test results with stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in ADAS
- Experience with Python and MATLAB
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with sensing and perception algorithms in the ADAS domain
- Familiarity with requirements engineering tools (Polarion, DOORS, etc.)
- Experience analyzing large datasets with Python-based packages
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62480BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Target Selection System Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US