ADAS New Automated Features Simulation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10624
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking seasoned professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This position focuses on simulation of New Automated Features for cross-carline applications.
- Lead simulation activities to support the development of hands-free driving features. Develop the necessary simulation infrastructure that integrates with Ford-developed Simulink models as well as in-house software modules. (C++)
- Interface with feature owners to fully understand their use cases to support maturation and development of in-flight core features. Identify key gaps and support the development of a roadmap so that simulation tooling / platform can support appropriate use cases that are part of the feature roadmap.
- Develop an environmental model specific to a unique autonomous vehicle environment. Model and create scenarios from use cases. Run simulation studies, collect and analyze data to derive requirements, failure modes, and overall system robustness.
- Interface with 3 rd party systems to ensure entire autonomous vehicle features are appropriately modeled for identified positive use cases as well as failure modes.
- Work directly with feature development engineers for real world data collection efforts to generate simulation models that correlate with real world sensor performance.
- Ensure simulation outputs are consistent with on-vehicle data formats to ensure seamless analysis by the existing analysis team. (same tools and methods with no to limited intermediate scripts for data transforms)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years software or algorithm design or simulation experience.
Our preferred requirements:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 7+ years software or algorithm design OR simulation experience.
- Experience with ANY of the following areas: Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Systems, Lane Keeping or Lane Centering Systems, Autonomous Vehicles.
- Experience with GPS / GNSS systems including inertial navigation system validation.
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design.
- Understanding of Kalman filtering, vehicle dynamics, linear & nonlinear control methods.
- Software engineering & algorithm development experience. Any development time in any language (C, C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
- Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62996BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS New Automated Features Simulation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US