Software Development Engineer - Front End
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10618
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, accessories and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, offering a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
What you'll be able to do:
We are looking for Software Engineers that are also passionate about software and cloud engineering, to build the next-gen data services - based on the latest big data and at scale cloud technologies.
As a Front End Software Engineer II in the Data Platforms and Analytics Team you who is passionate about working in cloud-scale distributed systems spanning hundreds of nodes. You will communicate and collaborate with architects, product managers and feature teams to provide core-platform components integrate with web services and provide an integrated user experience for end users. You will be designing, coding and testing data front-end/user experience, as well as the production processes around them, such as deployment and health-monitoring.
In this position, you will:
- Write high-quality, well-tested, instrumented, and documented code that is reliable, secure, and maintainable.
- Focus on Front-End UI design and implementation of new features and enhancements to our platform.
- Support web experiences that are highly crafted, user-focused, and adhere to compliance, privacy, and accessibility standards.
- Collaborate with the team to design, plan, develop, release, monitor, and maintain front- and back-end solutions in a full DevOps structured environment.
- Participate in discussions concerning process architecture and technical feasibility, make decisions, and justify development approach.
- Participating in team's live-site activities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, IT technical discipline, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in building Web applications and Web services - HTML5, CSS, TypeScript, jQuery, Angular, React.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience using advanced software configuration management (source control, DevOps, continuous integration/continuous deployment, etcetera)
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- A strong working knowledge of integral web technologies including authentication and authorization, telemetry and logging, and monitoring and alerting.
- Strong technical communication skills.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 63142BR
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Engineer - Front End
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US