Software Technical Design Review (TDR) Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10616
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead Ford software technical reviews and guide implementation of Ford non-functional software requirements with suppliers, Ford embedded software engineers, and Ford product engineers from the respective departments.
- Improve capability of suppliers to deliver embedded software meeting Ford quality standards.
- Responsible for scheduling, conducting, and following-up on all embedded software technical design reviews in accordance with Ford PD process.
- Creation and application of software quality metrics.
- Continuously improve software QA process by enhancing requirements and process metrics based on lessons learned
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years demonstrated ability in the software development of embedded systems
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in programming languages C and C ++
- 2+ years of experience with software testing methods
- 2+ years of experience in code review (C, C ++)
- 1+ year of experience with standards and assessment models in the field of software development (Automotive SPICE (ISO 15504 based) and / or CMMI®)
- 1+ years of experience in project management
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related field.
- 10+ years of professional programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the target tracking domain.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
- Proven ability to develop and execute project plans on time.
- Strong mathematical background in the areas of linear algebra, statistics, probability, estimation, and Kalman filters.
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us! Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62706BR
Community / Marketing Title: Software Technical Design Review (TDR) Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US