Parking Feature Development Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10608
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Ford's Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) team uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. The feature development team designs and develops features that provide fantastic customer experiences with features like BlueCruise, Automatic Emergency Braking, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative ideas to life who can contribute to our efforts in the development of new features, sensors, ECUs, models and software.
This position focuses on verification and validation of advanced parking features. What you'll be able to do:
- Support sign-off of feature performance for a given vehicle - feature functions include path planning, controls, object detection and tracking, and other exciting new areas for driver assistance.
- Develop and refine design validation methods for ensuring proper feature-level performance across a variety of environmental and cross-carline noise factors.
- Plan and execute design verification plan to ensure proper feature-level performance.
- Develop data analysis techniques, methods, and scripts from data generated by both track and real-world validation methods to ensure feature achieves the desired specifications.
- Plan and implement real-world evaluations to identify system problems and assess customer experience.
- Support and coordinate root-cause analysis with internal and external suppliers to ensure efficient issue resolution.
- Integrate, operate, and adapt data acquisition and measurement systems starting with early prototype vehicles all the way through final production builds to develop and validate features.
- Integrate and configure models & other software packages with a variety of production and other in situ hardware to enable pre-production feature-level verification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Mechanical, System Engineering or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in automotive system testing or calibration, feature engineering, software quality assurance, algorithm design
- Master's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, System Engineering or related field
- Experience in ADAS systems or features or software
- Experience with ANY of the following areas: Park Assist System, Blind Spot Systems, Lane Keeping or Lane Centering Systems
- Experience with hands-on testing and problem solving in simulation, hardware in the loop systems, and prototype vehicles
- Experience reviewing, categorizing, and analyzing test data to resolve error states / failure modes.
- Experience with data acquisition systems for vehicle networks (CAN, Ethernet), vehicle sensor data, or camera data.
- Experience with CAN networks and tools (Vector CANalyzer, Vector CANape, Vehicle Spy, ATI Vision, etc.).
- Experience with GPS / GNSS systems including inertial navigation system validation.
- Experience with low level debugging tools (Lauterbach ICE, Wireshark, Oscilloscope, etc....)
- Experience with defect management system (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with test management tools for test strategy development, test case development, test execution (manual and automated), and test metric reporting
- Understanding of ADAS sensing, localization, controls, and connected vehicle interfaces.
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design.
- Software engineering or algorithm development experience, Any development time in any language (Python, C, C++, Java, or Matlab m-script).
- Initiative, resilience, a strong work ethic and a desire for continuous learning
- Must be skilled at working in large team environments and collaborating with technical specialists
If you have the determination to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position. For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been shown to play a significant role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62866BR
Community / Marketing Title: Parking Feature Development Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US