Parking Feature Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10607
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
We bring engineering ideas to life. Ford's Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) team creates innovative solutions to make the driving experience safer, easier, and more enjoyable for our customers. The new ADAS feature development team designs and develops next generation automated features from the early concept development to production launch. We are seeking professionals with a passion for bringing innovative ideas to life who can supply to our efforts in the development of new features, sensors, ECUs, models, and software. This position focuses on model-based software development and simulation for advanced parking features. What you'll be able to do:
- Design, develop, and deliver the feature Simulink model to meet feature level requirements and integrate within the production embedded software environment.
- Work with a team of system, hardware, software and controls engineers to deliver concept and production level software.
- Develop and complete test cases for MIL/SIL verification of feature model function and evaluate feature model behavior and impact on customer experience.
- Closely coordinate with feature development engineers to support execution of design verification plans to ensure proper feature-level performance.
- Support data resim and bench testing of feature model and algorithms to assess & improve performance of features.
- Ensure the feature model is accurately delivered to meet software delivery & program timing.
- Work with software team to integrate and autocode feature model for production software.
- Support the validation of interfacing system/function models with the feature model.
- Work with tool developers to integrate feature model in larger co-simulation and ECU simulation environments.
- Work with the feature owner, hardware in the loop, simulation, and vehicle test teams to establish simulation procedures to reduce dependency on vehicle level testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, System Engineering or related field
- 1+ years experience with software development using MathWorks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) in automotive domain or similar complex electromechanical systems
- Master's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, System Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience with software development using MathWorks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for algorithm and state machine development for ADAS applications
- Experience with software implementation in AUTOSAR compliant framework.
- Experience working in an Agile or V-Cycle software development environment.
- Experience applying Simulink model based design to develop and verify hardware & embedded software systems.
- Experience with ADAS and/or vehicle dynamics simulation tools (CarSim, CarMaker, monoDrive, Unreal, etc.).
- Experience in ADAS systems or sensing or software.
- Experience with Matlab Embedded Coder and Polyspace.
- Initiative, resilience, a strong work ethic and a desire for continuous learning
- Must be skilled at working in large team environments and collaborating with technical specialists
If you have the determination to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position. For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been shown to play a significant role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62937BR
Community / Marketing Title: Parking Feature Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US