AUTOSAR Software Designer (Architect)
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10600
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Are you passionate about transforming the automotive industry and shifting Ford into the paradigm of the Software Defined Vehicle? Ford is looking for AUTOSAR Software Designers / Architects with hands-on automotive experience in software and electrical systems architecture.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and release of the Ford software platform architecture.
- Partition the technology layer functions and interfaces to support reusability, flexibility, maintainability, and modularization of vehicle software architecture.
- Lead software component deployment to electronic modules with internal and external partners.
- Support the definition of interfaces that influence communication data for different networks including CAN, LIN, and Ethernet utilizing AUTOSAR design principles.
- Build and lead vehicle control service APIs through the API development lifecycle.
- Release the architecture description, views, and APIs for end users and applications.
- Govern the software platform interfaces by participating in multi-functional team discussions to ensure alignment with various partners.
- Collaborate with various internal partners for continuous improvement of the architecture release process and results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of work experience in embedded software development.
- 3+ years of work experience in with AUTOSAR software.
- 3 + years of coding experience with C or C++
- 1 + years of experience with PREEVISION or similar AUTOSAR authoring tool (i.e. DaVinci Developer, ISOLAR and ECU-Designer)
- MS in in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 1 + years of experience coding in MATLAB-SIMULINK
- 5+ years of work experience in with AUTOSAR software.
- 5 + years of experience with PREEVISION or similar AUTOSAR authoring tool (i.e. DaVinci Developer, ISOLAR and ECU-Designer)
- 7+ years of coding experience with C (C++ bonus, C is best b/c AUTOSAR Classic)
- 7 + years of experience coding in MATLAB-SIMULINK
- Sophisticated knowledge and application of SOA principles in automotive.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262, SysML/UML modeling, and cybersecurity.
- Work experience in Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR generating ECU extracts; creating vehicle service specifications for automotive SOA framework; or working with automotive Ethernet.
- Extensive work experience in descriptive modeling using PREEvision, Rhapsody, MagicDraw or a similar toolset.
- Work experience in creating architectural trade-off analyses- looking at functional safety (ISO 26262), cybersecurity, software attribute, and hardware attribute trade-offs.
- Ability to think from a top-down design perspective to build the vehicle software platform architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile team using Jira for issue management tracking.
- Work in collaboration with multiple partners and complete tasks per a release schedule.
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62751BR
Community / Marketing Title: AUTOSAR Software Designer (Architect)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US