ADAS Software Architect - Embedded Safety
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10586
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
What you'll be able to do: Join our team to provide vital expertise in support of our ADAS Embedded Software development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in Embedded Safety in support of ADAS Software development for exciting features like Adaptive Cruise Control or Blue Cruise.
- Follow/implement the functional safety software development process per DO-178C/ISO 26262 Chapter 6 and OEM specific strategy.
- Review feature/system safety requirement and other partner requirement to develop safety software requirement.
- Work with software safety expert to allocate the software safety requirement to the architecture.
- Perform/support software unit verification in MIL/SIL environment based on software unit design.
- Perform/support software integration testing in simulation/bench/HIL environment based on software architecture design.
- Perform/support embedded software testing in HIL/vehicle environment based on software safety requirement.
- Support feature owner and application team to build and maintain common/project specific calibrations.
- Build vital work product per ISO 26262 Chapter 6 and collect required test evidence to build software safety cases.
- Closely coordinate with feature development engineers to support execution of functional safety design verification plans to ensure accurate feature-level performance
- Support functional safety manager, application functional safety engineer, feature owner, and to build feature technical safety concept.
- Support system architecture and system engineer to build ECU/module system design and technical safety concept.
- Support system engineer and HW engineer to build hardware software interface.
- Support safety analysis on the system and software level.
- Support field issue resolution and root-cause analysis.
- Contribute to process improvement to achieve ASPICE compliance.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in System/SW/HW development per ISO26262/ DO-178C and associated safety analysis tool s(i.e. Medini).
- 2+ years' experience in software development and code generation using Matlab, Simulink/Targetlink.
- 1+ years' experience in application engineer for active safety systems such as ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA, Collision Avoidance.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years' experience in System/SW/HW development per ISO26262/ DO-178C and associated safety analysis tool s(i.e. Medini).
- 1+ years' in embedded software development experience under AUTOSAR framework and workflow (i.e. Vector MICROSAR/DaVinci tools).
- Experience developing on POSIX compliant operating systems, such as Linux RTOS
- Familiar with software requirement management tools (i.e. Polarion, Doors, JAMA) and software architecture design tools based on UML/SysML (i.e. MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect).
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Job Number: 62968BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Software Architect - Embedded Safety
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US