Full Stack Software Developer - ADAS
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10570
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Advanced Driver Assistance Systems program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Test Automation Tools team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate and test code.
What you'll be able to do:
The individual in this role is responsible for developing and maintaining full stack web applications and tools. The individual will also be responsible for maintaining CI/CD pipelines used for automating test execution, data logging and publishing results.
- Build robust, responsive, user-facing Full Stack web applications such as dashboards and data visualization tools in Python/Django
- Design and develop modern APIs that will be used by several tools and users to interact with the applications
- Consume external APIs to integrate web applications with of-the-shelf tools such as Jira, Github, Jenkins and Testrail.
- Develop relational database solutions using MySQL/MariaDB or similar
- Migrate and maintain current project from physical servers to cloud based solutions such as GCP
- Create and maintain automation solutions using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Tekton, Kubernetes and Docker
- Bring forth fresh ideas for innovating existing solutions or creating new solutions to unsolved problems
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field or a combination of equivalent experience and education
- 1+ year experience deploying CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Tekton or similar
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 1+ year experience developing database applications using MySQL and/or MariaDB
- 1+ year experience using Git
- 2+ year experience deploying CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Tekton or similar
- 1+ year experience with Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift/GCP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical with the ability to root-cause problems creatively and effectively.
- Linux/Ubuntu/Server experience
- Experience with Requirement Tools is a plus
- Experience with Shell Scripting
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Ford Motor Company 2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD
Join our team as we build tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while crafting value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62951BR
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack Software Developer - ADAS
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US