Advanced Headway Features Feature Development Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10551
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and balanced. Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist, Lane Center Assist and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking seasoned professionals who can chip in to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This position focuses on accurate verification and validation of Advanced Headway Features/ Assisted Driving for Safety Electronics crosscarline applications.
What You Will Be Able to Do
• Support Sign-off of Feature Level performance for a given vehicle.
• Develop and refine design validation methods for ensuring proper feature-level performance across a variety of environmental, human, and crosscarline noise factors.
• Plan and implement design verification plans to ensure proper feature-level performance.
• Develop data analysis techniques and methods from data generated by both track and real-world validation methods to ensure feature achieves the desired specifications.
• Plan and complete real-world evaluations to identify system problems and issues.
• Support and coordinate root-cause analysis with internal and external suppliers to ensure delivered system thrills our customers with the user experience.
• Integrate and configure models & other software packages with a variety of production and other hardware to enable pre-production feature-level verification.
The minimum requirements we seek:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1+ years of experience designing software or algorithms or performing software quality assurance
• 1+ years of experience performing vehicle validation or signoff
• 2+ years of experience using Matlab, Canape, and Vector tools
• 2+ years of experience performing vehicle calibration and analysis
Our preferred requirements:
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Software Engineering.
• Experience reviewing, categorizing, and analyzing field data to determine error states/ failure modes.
• Experience developing, conducting and observing statistically relevant experimentation/ verification methods across the global population. Any 6-sigma experience or training is highly desired.
• Experience developing/ modifying test methods for existing features. Support various other feature teams on the enhancement of their features to incorporate new feature functionality.
• Understanding of embedded hardware and software design.
• Understanding of Kalman filtering, vehicle dynamics, linear & nonlinear control methods.
• Software engineering & algorithm development experience. Any development time in any language (C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
• Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests. Data collection and analysis.
What you'll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62600BR
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Headway Features Feature Development Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US