ADAS Design & Release Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10501
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you'll be able to do: At Ford, we are making driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Our Vehicle Architecture and DAT Engineering Organization is helping to make it all happen. These technology innovators are designing, developing and validating innovative vehicle-level driver assist technologies for such features as adaptive cruise control, pre-collision assist with AEB, Ford Co-Pilot 360 and assist technologies. Join us on our incredible technology journey!
We are looking to you to develop, integrate and implement driver alert technology (DAT) features on new and upcoming vehicles lines. This involves collaborating with a variety of multi-functional teams from product inception to the vehicle launch. You will:
- Lead Electrical Active Safety Design and Release (D&R) and Application work
- Drive component packaging and integration of Active Safety radar and camera
- Lead systems sourcing effort with finance and purchasing to engage suppliers
- Ensure timeliness and quality of work, including AVBOM, packaging/digital buck, DPA checks, WERS, eFDVS, subsystem/supplier work plans, DVP&R, engineering signoff, etc.
- Develop work plans and lead resolution of Active Safety implementation and validation
- Lead Design Validation and Production Validation for components and Driver Assist features
- Support prototype vehicle builds and production vehicle launches
- Lead current production/assembly plant issues associated with ADAS features/parts
- Occasional travel to Assembly plants to support vehicle launch and production issues
- Lead quality and warranty analysis of production vehicles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Related Field.
- 1+ years of experience with Automotive Component or Subsystem Product Development tools and processes
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Related Field.
- Thorough, proactive and results-driven
- Positive, energetic and upbeat
- Strong leadership, communication and project management skills
- Ability to lead D&R application work for active safety radar and camera systems on programs
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams and champion issue resolution
- Knowledge of Ford Product Development tools or equivalent (e.g., eFDVS, VSEM, WERS, FSMS, AIMS, AVBOM, etc.)
- Understanding of vehicle architecture and communication
- Ability to use automotive tools (e.g., DET, CANalyzer, CANoe)
- Ability to use Teamcenter and Catia
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: 2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD (ford.com)
Job Number: 62638BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Design & Release Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US