Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10485
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles
Sign-on bonus of $7,500 for qualified candidates!
What you'll be able to do:
- Understand, observe, teach and enforce all corporate, plant, department and job specific health and safety policies and practices
- Lead and manage unionized hourly personnel and suppliers to deliver a coordinated and lean supply chain
- Provide direction and support in the allocation of manpower and other resources appropriately in order to cover material handling responsibilities
- Direct the management of materials from the receiving docks, up to the point of use, and the shipping docks. This includes all dock activities of loading and unloading, proper material storage, disposition of material and scrap, container management, managing new parts and deleting old parts, and controlling inventory with proper marketplace management.
- Maintain and support the Ford Production System and synchronous material flow practices (card and call replenishment system, marketplace management, live load/unload, container management, etc.) with rest of material handling team.
- Coordinate, monitor, and maintain normal (and premium) receiving and shipping schedules to ensure production and customer requirements are met hourly
- Interpret, understand and proactively handle execution of the production schedule to ensure high quality, low cost just in time flow of materials with no production department disruption
- Communicate on a timely basis and have a sense of urgency relative to issues that could negatively impact above
- Continuously drive for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, and Environment improvements, and/or process improvements
Work Schedule: Work any shift in a rotating shift environment
The minimum requirements we seek:
- High School or GED
- One or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business, logistics, supply chain or engineering preferred
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong ability to work with plant hourly and salaried personnel, union, third party providers and production suppliers
- Capable of assigning work to our union partners and hourly workforce and holding the team accountable for completion of assigned work in a safe and quality manner
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 62580BR
Community / Marketing Title: MP&L Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US