ADAS Simulation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10421
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We're helping the world access tomorrow, today.
What you'll be able to do:
You will be part of our team working with detail-driven professionals to provide vital expertise to support of our ADAS Simulation development activities. The most part about this role, is that it involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to support the delivery of ADAS features using simulation tools, such as MATLAB and Simulink!
In this role you will lead the following initiatives:
- You get to be the leader of Simulation Scenario development, based on real world data
- Perform robustness studies and edge case detection to support scenario based development
- You can lead the integration of the plant and controller models for ADAS into an overall vehicle model
- You can lead the development of a simulation environment to enable the simulation of ADAS features
- Support of the validation of the individual plant models and the overall vehicle model
- Developing simulation test cases for the verification of ADAS features
- Performing the simulation test cases to verify the operation of the ADAS features and evaluate the vehicle behavior and its impact on customer experience
- Understanding sensor system interactions in terms of vehicle dynamics to identify possible improvements and trade-offs
- Working with the Ford Hardware in the Loop, Simulator and Ford vehicle test teams to establish simulation procedures to reduce dependency on vehicle level testing
- Integrating models of ADAS sensors such as cameras, radars and ultrasonics into a full vehicle simulation model
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 1 year of Matlab/or/Simulink experience
- 1+ years of experience in testing or developing vehicle, system and/or component designs.
- 1+ years of experience in system engineering and authoring of requirements and test procedures
- 1+ years of experience in DFMEAs, BD, P-Diagrams, ISO26262
- 1+ years of experience with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Features
- Experience using requirements tools (V-cycle management tools, version control, requirements management, traceability creation)
- Experience in vehicle calibration methods
- Experience in developing features and functions in Electrical, Chassis, Powertrain or Vehicle Engineering
- Experience in program vehicle signoff and launch activities
- Experience in MATLAB, Simulink, CANalyzer, CANape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in vehicle and bench validation methods and testing
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit :
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61353BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Simulation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US