Software Development Devops Engineer
Location: Cary, North Carolina US
Job Number: 10331
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
In association with Ford's Connected Vehicle System, this position is responsible for managing the complex systems, processes, and automation that supports large scale embedded vehicle software development. The successful candidate will support software developers and testers with source code management systems, build environments, tools, and automation. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join an innovative software team that is passionate about delivering solutions for Ford Motor Company's global product line.
What you'll be able to do:
- Debugging build environment and integration issues and implementing new capabilities
- Creating and updating makefiles, bitbake recipes, and similar build utility instructions
- Supporting source code control systems with common branch/code management tasks
- Supporting software signing for development and production deployment
- Managing Jenkins automation servers and nodes
- Automating tasks using Python, shell, and other scripting languages
- Supporting internal and industry standard toolsets used by development and test teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in DevOps, software development, or related roles
- 3+ years of experience in large-scale source code control systems such as Git, Github, or Gerrit
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale defect management systems such as Jira
- 3+ years of experience with distributed client/server systems and automation servers such as Jenkins
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux and other embedded, mobile, or consumer platforms
- Experience with IDEs and debugging tools such as Eclipse, Momentics, Android Studio, or Visual Studio/Code
- Experience working in a team that uses agile practices such as Kanban or Scrum
- Experience working with multi-functional and geographically distributed development teams
- Seeking someone self-motivated and excited to work in a fast-paced and multi-functional team environment
- The candidate should be passionate about enterprise level software development on embedded systems
- The candidate should be interested in new technologies and able to adapt and learn new concepts quickly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: 2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD (ford.com)
Job Number: 60599BR
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Devops Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cary, North Carolina US