ADAS Software MBD Verification and Validation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10313
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We're helping the world access tomorrow, today.
What you'll be able to do:
You will have an opportunity to contribute to our efforts in developing sensors, ECUs, models and software. Our software test team is passionate about the validation and verification of new features per the ADAS roadmap, but also gets involved with other elements of the process which will benefit your career. As a member of this team, you will:
- Conduct the verification and validation of ADAS related model-based software
- Develop test procedures, plans, automated scripts, and cases
- Define the test setup required to support validation and verification activities. For example, identify the equipment, tools, licenses, hardware, test systems (i.e. HiL), etc... needed and support test bench bring up
- Identify test dependencies such as specifications, interfaces, compliance, hardware, software components, etc...
- Determine opportunities and provide support for automation and tooling
- Perform automated and manual test execution (MIL / SIL / Bench), results analysis, root cause analysis, and verifications
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical specialists, feature owners, development teams, and other test teams in support of testing and development activities
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience with embedded hardware and/or software implementation
- 1+ years of experience testing embedded software
- MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as an automation developer or test engineer
- Understanding of Feature specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and Design Verification Plan
- Understanding of performance requirements and the interactions with other features and the system, and establish procedures to verify performance both quantitatively and subjectively
- Experience with control algorithms using Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
- Experience working on ADAS technologies using radar, cameras, sensors, or similar
- Experience with data collection and analysis, ideally in driver assist technology
- Proven ability working with Test Management tools for test strategy development, test case development, test execution (manual and automated), and test metric reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work with defect management system (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to interpret C/C++, Java code, or logs to aid in issue resolution
- Automated test systems and test script development experience
- Experience with Matlab, Shell scripting, Jenkins, GitHub, Linux development
- Experience with low level debugging tools (Lauterbach ICE, Wireshark, Oscilloscope, etc....)
- Experience with automated testing environment, frameworks, and programming languages (ex: Gtest, CUnit, Slash, Python, Ruby, etc...)
- Experience with using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems and with test bench setup
- Experience with debuggers and CAN tools such as CANalyzers or similar test equipment
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit : https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61854BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Software MBD Verification and Validation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US