Plant Physician Supplemental
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10298
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles
What you'll be able to do:
Dearborn Rouge Site has a population of approximately 9,000 hourly and salaried employees. It includes the Dearborn Truck Facility-Body shop, Paint Department and Electric Plant. Dearborn Stamping Plant, Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing Plant, Tool and Die, Gate 4 Medical and Dearborn Engine Plant.
What you'll be able to do:
- Evaluate and treat work related illness and injuries with an emphasis on OSHA Recordkeeping as well as urgent care injuries
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow one to effectively interact over the telephone and in person with employees-hourly and salary, medical, union and\or labor personnel
- Perform physical exams (pre-employment, regulatory-DOT, surveillance-SCBA, Asbestos, Coke oven, machining fluids, fit for duty, etc.)
- Evaluate employees and workstations for positions whether safety sensitive or not, based on crucial job functions.
- Partner with team members to foster and champion an inclusive workplace culture that demonstrates staff diversity as a strength, support staff wellness and centers on health equity
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to interpret radiographic studies, spirometry test, urine drug screens and hearing tests.
- Work variable days and times. (One late day (12 to 8pm) per week. No weekends
- This is an unbenefitted, supplemental role but will provide the opportunity to work at multiple local locations
The minimum requirements we seek:
- MD\DO degree
- Unrestricted license in State of Michigan
- Board certified or eligible in Family medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, Emergency medicine
Our Preferred Requirements:
- Diligent and punctual
- Demonstrate good organizational, time management and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61545BR
Community / Marketing Title: Plant Physician Supplemental
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US