ADAS Platform Software Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10297
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. In our Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
What you'll be able to do:
- Design, document, develop, and integrate the C++ software platform for Ford's next-generation ADAS systems, including software that supports automated parking, hands-free driving, trailering features, and other autonomy level 1-3 technology
- Apply sophisticated software engineering techniques to optimize C++ code to minimize use of system resources
- Work with code quality tools, write unit tests, ensure proper code coverage, ensure robustness, support code reviews and debugging
- Leverage object-oriented design techniques, the C++ Standard Template Library, design patterns, and other higher-level features of C++ to create robust and reliable software
- Support real-world testing of cutting-edge ADAS features by working with partner teams, and by flashing and debugging your code in preproduction and prototype vehicles.
- Create software where the movement of data underlies everything: between threads, between processes, between processors, between ECUs, and even between the vehicle and the cloud.
- Apply your knowledge of communication techniques and protocols, including TCP/IP, UDP, SPI, and SOA to ensure robust and reliable communications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related or combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development using C++ (Version 11+)
- 5+ years of experience designing and testing systems for high performance, high reliability computing applications
- 2+ years of experience with POSIX-based embedded applications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related.
- 7+ years of experience with software design and development for automotive, industrial, or aerospace/military applications with proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- 3+ years of experience with object oriented, modular design
- Understands various communication styles and protocols such as SOA, REST, SOME/IP
- Understanding of AUTOSAR Adaptive
- Experience developing software which meets functional safety requirements
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with embedded RTOS(s)
- Experience with code optimization
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as bash and Python
- Knowledge of SPI, Ethernet and Can communication
- Familiarity with sensor modalities used in robotics and autonomous driving applications (Camera/Vision, RADAR, LIDAR, INS/IMU)
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Job Number: 61842BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Platform Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US