AI/ML Supervisor, Credit AIAC
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10294
Credit Artificial Intelligence Advancement Center (AIAC) team within Credit Analytics in Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDI&A) has a talented, motivated, innovative group of individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset and a deep interest in data and modeling!
An experienced AI/ML Supervisor is needed to lead a team of AI/ML analysts in all phases of project work, including interacting with business/analytics partners, understanding data, problem formulation, model development and deployment. The AIAC supervisor will play a key role in driving innovation, providing AI/ML solutions to FMCC, and supporting FMCC key priorities.
The supervisor will lead the AIAC Analytics team at Ford Motor Credit Company to serve as an analytic consulting team for FMCC by developing analytics solutions using AI/ML techniques to support a wide range of business problems which include:
- FMCC Operations
- Marketing and Sales
- Credit risk assessment at loan origination
- Behavioral risk assessment to inform collections strategies
- Lead a team by developing models and providing technical guidance to junior and senior analysts.
- Engage with customers to understand their business problems, determine the data needed, design approaches and develop sound analytic solutions and models using advanced technologies, including AI/ML.
- Lead and be engaged in and provide direction to analysts to who are extracting data from various data sources and platforms (big data platform, PC, Mainframe, Unix/Linux, Teradata). Work with data teams to update data when needed.
- Explore new methodologies to build business solutions and develop models/API per business needs.
- Develop tracking methodologies, metrics, and reports to monitor model accuracy and evaluate performance.
- Prepare analysis to test and compare competing methodologies.
- Support Ad Hoc requests.
- Review models including model documentation, model results, and code.
- Effectively communicate and present technical material to analytics teams, business customers and executives.
- Work with the deployment, business, and legal teams to support the deployment models in production and all tasks related to the successful launch of models.
- Ensure good model governance practices are satisfied. Ensure desk procedures are maintained and followed, and data retention standards are met.
- Provide technical reviews of department analytic projects as a member of the Analytic Technical Review Committee.
- Coach and train the team while building positive relationships.
- Follow appropriate internal/external hiring processes, build a team of appropriately leveled team members who are 'inquisitive, nice & curious.'
- Onboard and orient team members to GDI&A and Ford.
- Develop/Nurture/Grow individual and team capabilities: Set expectations, provide regular feedback, hold employees accountable and reward /recognize team members.
- Ensure all development and performance conversations are robust and input as appropriate into CNav. "Give back" to the GDI&A Function: i.e., PDC membership, mentoring, sharing technical knowledge, campus recruiting, etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience understanding business needs and data solutions
- 3+ years of experience applying Machine Learning/AI solutions in real-world industrial settings with large scale data
- 3+ years of Python programming experience
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, logistic regression, nested logit model, maximum likelihood estimation, linear and non-linear modeling, causal inference, longitudinal analysis, time series forecasting, survival analysis, marketing-mix models, and multivariate techniques such as PCA, factor analysis and cluster analysis.
- Experience with machine learning & deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Torch, symbolic AI, and other tools.
- The ability to provide direction to and lead the team on multiple projects within a given timeframe, deliver results and translate complex quantitative analysis into business insights. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with multiple teams to understand business needs.
- The ability to develop people and cultivate Ford + behavior.
- Experience leading a technical team.
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience writing software and APIs.
- Experience with system integration.
- Experience using R and SAS.
A part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61739BR
Community / Marketing Title: AI/ML Supervisor, Credit AIAC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US