ADAS Business Lead
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10286
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Our diverse ADAS Team - situated in greater Detroit, California, Florida, Germany, England, China and Australia is comprised of Features & Software teams, the Vehicle Systems Integration team and more. Together our team works to deliver ADAS features to all global Ford programs. The Business Lead role must understand our changing environment to provide timely and agile status reports to functional decision makers.
What you'll be able to do:
You will collaborate with other functional business leads and other analysts to provide functional directors and chiefs with up to date status on hiring, budgetary spending and monthly forecasting. With your creative and analytical mind, you will use various data sources to develop conclusions about the health of the ADAS function. As a team player, you will create impact by collaborating across the Model e organization and with key global work partners including members in Europe, Australia and China.
- Assess actuals and communicate statuses to functions for all budget categories (HC / PS / DV / OT / Travel)
- Based on actuals, create and adjust forecasts with functions for all budget categories on monthly basis
- Provide forecasts to Finance for publishing (headcount file, open boxes to PDRP, unbudgeted people)
- Reconcile actual headcount to NAMES file
- Manage functional purchased services priorities and ensure all approved POs are within budget spend (ie 80 written POs but only top 10 can be authorized)
- Lead development and calibrate resource planning model for your function
- Interface with PDRP for workload and deployments - split the workload at chief and manager level
- Content selection interface and functional sign-off to resolve conflicts with Planning
- Headcount management (FCGs, interns, ISEs, PDLPs)
- Call Tree updates and management
- B2B order management
- Long- and short-term strategy for your Director
- Transfer workload and PS between regions at functional level
- Global look for each global director at each category of cost.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in product development engineering, planning, finance, purchasing, VE or program management.
- 3+ years experience in a PD function, including D&R responsibilities and experience in all GPDS milestones.
Our preferred requirements:
- MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as an automation developer or test engineer
- Understanding of Feature specifications, FMEAs, robustness subject areas and Design Verification Plan
- Demonstrated experience with executive communication, strategic thinking, PD process improvement and project management
- Demonstrated quality and timely delivery of assignments
- Demonstrate business acumen
- 3+ years of business experience, MBA, or advanced engineering degree
- Ability to deliver on-time solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding organizational / delegation skills with proper follow-up to accomplish multiple objectives
What you'll receive in return: As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you possess what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61441BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Business Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US