Active Drive Assist Features and Controls Technical Expert
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10273
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We're helping the world access tomorrow, today.
What you'll be able to do: This position focuses on technical leadership for Advanced Driver Assistance features, with focus areas for "help me drive" and several unique emerging feature opportunities. This is a technical leadership role with no direct reports.
- Lead a team from a technical point of view in the development of the technical architecture, specification, modeling, and validation of ADAS features & functions
- Interface directly with feature owners, supervisors, and other Technical Experts to ensure feature-level requirements are decomposed and align with a scalable architecture to achieve the desired experiences for the customer.
- Interface directly with Technical Leaders inside Ford to align said scalable functional and software architectures with the broader ADAS, vehicle, and cloud architectures. Ensure provided services scale across the entire vehicle line and across all global markets from base to top-trim programs.
- Provide technical guidance for algorithmic development and analysis of ideal functions for the features in development. Ensure cross-carline and within-carline noise factors are robustly handled to meet agreed-to quality-of-service metrics. Guide the team to generate provable Key Performance Indicators and ensure robust FMEA controls are in-place at time of launch for x-carline applications.
- Support technical road-mapping process to ensure technical enablers are integrated into long term plans for all vehicle carlines, cloud, and IT/infrastructure work. Work in the greater Ford ecosystem to ensure enablers are in-place to meet long term requirements and roadmap / vision for the DAT feature set, globally.
- Support functional safety and cybersecurity work for features per feature / function requirements
- Support the enhancement of existing and development of ADAS features by collaborating with Research and Advanced, ensuring strong alignment of feature content, timing, and technology assumptions. Support PD processes to enable technology assumptions required by future ADAS features.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience team to develop and implement user interface requirements
- Drive continuous performance, cost, and quality improvements
- Identify areas of technology focus and push technology to achieve and maintain leadership
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in Control Systems
- 5+ years of experience in ADAS.
- 3+ years experience developing and specifying key controls components (sensors, controller, etc...) for ADAS
- 3+ years mentoring and guiding team members to successfully deliver robust products
- Graduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Documented technical achievements through academic / peer-reviewed papers, patents, or other publications that show clear technical mastery of the domain.
- Experience collaborating with a team ~10 individuals on a sophisticated project
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Proven track record to lead international teams on sophisticated early-stage driver assistance feature development projects, from. to post , with a supporting role out to J1/ launch.
- Proven track record to manage / lead sophisticated x-domain ADAS features interactions on a technical level, interacting with perception/sensing/detection, HMI/user interaction/user experience, and steering controls to define and achieve feature/system level targets.
- Proven track record to work with suppliers to develop innovative technical solutions that enable robust feature performance for new driver assist features.
- Proven track record to develop novel validation methods and plans for first-to-Ford driver assist feature content for global x-carline applications.
- Proven track record to think on their feet, do what's vital, and ensure scheduled activities that require sophisticated coordination are achieved by the team through all means.
- Experience developing and using driver assist simulation capabilities for enhanced rapid development of new feature content.
- Meaningful experience in all program phases from Pre-Program through Launch including one major program
- Team oriented, ability to work in multi-functional groups and proven technical achievement required.
- Demonstrated Expert Level in pertinent TMM competencies
- Demonstrated One Ford behavior
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61203BR
Community / Marketing Title: Active Drive Assist Features and Controls Technical Expert
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US