ADAS Driver Alert System (DAS) Core Feature Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10262
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We're helping the world access tomorrow, today.
The Driver Alert System (DAS) is an ADAS feature. It uses a driver facing camera to monitor the driver's level of engagement.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead the design, development, validation and feature signoff for the DAS feature, including enhancements and additional functionalities for the global market
- Work with other feature owners and functional teams in developing DAS features and functionalities to support or enhance other DAT (Driver Assist Technology) features.
- Work with the Global Feature team on future enhancements/additional functionalities to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Develop feature models, specifications, interface requirements, boundary diagrams and other quality documents for the DAS feature.
- Ensure that the feature interface requirements are cascaded in a timely manner to affected functional teams and that all issues are resolved.
- Perform competitor benchmarking of DAS and other related features to learn about market and technology trends.
- Work closely with the Vehicle Systems Integration team on feature calibrations to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Develop migration plans of the DAS feature into global vehicle programs.
- Support implementation of the DAS feature into vehicle programs and perform DAS feature validation and signoff.
- Incorporate changes to the feature to address issues found during launch and in the field.
- Work with Ford HIL and SIL teams to develop CAE test procedures for early identification of issues and reduce the dependencies on vehicle testing. Ensure that test cases are updated to capture changes to the feature and other interfaces.
- Support all program signoff activities on feature performance including vehicle testing and field issue resolutions.
- Support continuous quality improvement and cost optimization for the BSA Feature.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in Automotive Industry
- 1+ years of experience in automotive diagnostics
- 1+ years of experience in feature ownership
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle feature ownership
- 5+ years of experience working in ADAS
- Experience in using MATLAB, Simulink and automotive diagnostic tools
- Experience in developing features and functions in Electrical, Chassis, or Powertrain for the automotive industry.
- Experience in radar and/or camera sensing system.
- Experience in bench and vehicle level testing.
- Experience in data collection and analysis of real time sensing systems.
- Independent and able to function with minimum supervision.
- Able to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Creative. Ability to think "outside the box"
- Ability to manage a cross functional team
- Good communication and presentation skills
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61646BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Driver Alert System (DAS) Core Feature Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US