ADAS Virtual Verification and Validation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10238
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We're helping the world access tomorrow, today.
What you will be able to do,
We are seeking individuals to assist in developing virtual methods to support the verification and validation of software for ECUs, sensors, functional models, and product features
- Research and develop tools to emulate and virtualize automotive Electronic Control Units used for senor processing and ADAS ( Advanced Driver Assistance Systems ) feature execution.
- Assist ADAS software and feature developers to design new ADAS features in a virtual setting.
- Develop virtual verification and validation techniques for ADAS related software.
- Integrate ADAS software virtualization methods into full vehicle open and closed-loop simulations.
- Support development of plans to transition physical vehicle testing to simulation-based methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience .
- 3+ years of programming and debugging experience with C/C++, MATLAB and/or Python.
- 3+ years of experience with emulation and/or virtualization using tools: QEMU/KVM, VMware, Synopsys, ASTC VLAB or similar.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Proficiency in Python, and scripting design skills.
- Experience throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with communication protocols like CAN/CAN FD, Ethernet communication using TCP/UDP socket programming.
- Knowledge in Computer Vision, OpenCV and Machine learning/Deep learning.
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems, Docker containers and cross platform software development utilities like CMake/PreMake.
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61524BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Virtual Verification and Validation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US