DAT Feature Application Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10201
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Can you make smart vehicles for an inquisitive world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Applying Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to give to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What we do: Join a growing team of engineers delivering a suite of features that give drivers a safer and more confident driving experience, including BlueCruise. What you'll be able to do:
- Lead the implementation of existing DAT features (BlueCruise, ACC, ALC, DAS, iACC, GFHB, LKS, LCWA, TSR, C-V2X) to vehicle programs and ensure that program milestone deliverables are met on time.
- Ensure that program assumptions capture the correct feature requirements (including hardware, software, messaging and costs) and interfaces.
- Closely work with other functional teams to ensure that interfaces are cascaded in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the feature interface requirements are validated and met; and that feature performance objectives are met.
- Work with the core feature owners on feature performance issues found during program validation and signoffs.
- Work with Ford HIL and SIL teams to develop CAE test procedures for early identification of issues and reduce the dependencies on vehicle testing.
- Lead the resolution of issues to closure and manage design & engineering changes.
- Support all program signoff activities on feature performance including vehicle calibration, testing and VoCF issue resolutions.
- Support continuous quality improvement and cost optimization for DAT Feature.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 1+ years of work experience in automotive in developing features and functions in Electrical, Chassis, Powertrain or Vehicle Engineering.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Experience in bench and vehicle level testing.
- Experience in data collection and analysis of real time sensing systems.
- Experience in program vehicle signoff and launch activities.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, Microautobox, CANalyzer, or CANape.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been shown to play a significant role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61277BR
Community / Marketing Title: DAT Feature Application Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US