DAT MBD Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10192
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
What you'll be able to do:
We are seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies embedded software development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in Model Based Software and Integration in support of DAT software development.
- Lead the design and implementation MBD-based software for common features/functions to support development related to ADAS features, including specifications, model and code implementation, verification and validation.
- Understand sensor and system performance requirements and limitations, in order to develop robust designs, identify improvements, recognize trade-offs and make applicable design decisions.
- Work with feature owners to understand and review requested requirements and system-level interactions.
- Implement MBD software robustness disciplines and best practices for optimal and efficient code generation.
- Review code-generation reports, including MIL/SIL and static code analysis, and provide resolution for identified issues.
- Work with SIL and HIL testing teams to continue and expand on CAE procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle-level testing.
- Support software signoff, including calibration tuning, for all vehicle programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software development with Matlab/Simulink (coursework/internship/co-op experience allowed)
- 1+ year of embedded software development
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Software development in C/C++, including Misra compliance
- Experience with MIL/SIL testing
- Experience with AUTOSAR, Github, Jira, Agile
- Experience with software architecture
- Knowledge of modular application development using models and/or software
- Understanding of production algorithm development
- Experience in DAT/ADAS systems/software
- Good problem-solving skills and innovative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to work well with others
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61301BR
Community / Marketing Title: DAT MBD Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US