Ford Credit Principal Architect - Remote
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10187
The people of Ford Motor Credit Company have a 60-year commitment to helping put people behind the wheels of great Ford and Lincoln vehicles. By partnering with dealerships, we provide financing, personalized service, and professional expertise to five thousand dealers and more than four million customers in over 100 countries around the world!
If you're customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further!
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead architecture direction to create new software and product capabilities while maintaining the current platforms; should be achieved through the development of a technology roadmap that is capable of scale and customizable to customer requirements.
- Partner with the global product organization and business operations to develop architecture and technology strategies and solutions.
- Lead initiatives to ensure a strong team architecture culture across all engineering teams.
- Set architecture and design direction (technologies, patterns, design principles, development frameworks) by leading global solution architects.
- Formulate and communicate Ford Credit architecture direction in areas of uncertainty.
- Encourage a continuous improvement mentality passionate about reducing technical debt and security vulnerabilities.
- Lead a focused team of 11 direct reports across multiple geographies to deliver the desired results and outcomes. Additionally, it is critical for the Principal Architect to work in direct partnership with other global technology teams to ensure architecture is aligned to the broader organization and security requirements.
- Remain current on the most sophisticated technologies that will impact Ford's business.
- Ensure the highest architecture and security standards for Ford Credit.
- Provide hands-on leadership, maintain visibility and accessibility to critical partners and foster a culture of business enablement.
- Partner with third-party suppliers to ensure consistent and balanced security, architecture, and engineering standards.
- Develop complementary team leadership by actively engaging in career planning for architects.
- Drive information integration, information standards, and information management through domain-driven design, data mesh concepts, and value analysis and assessment.
- Understand the impact of national and international laws and regulations regarding financial services and products (both existing and expected) and ensure the architecture strategy properly coordinates with all relevant regulations.
- Drive learning and knowledge sharing relating to architecture standard methodologies throughout the Ford Credit community.
- Interpret and use Ford Credit business strategies to anticipate future technology needs architecture must support.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading architecture teams, with a background in growing teams delivering enterprise architecture based in cloud-native technologies and omni-channel software solutions
- 3+ years of experience leading a globally distributed, multi-functional architecture organization
- 5+ years of experience working with critical business collaborators and clients to effectively communicate, plan, and deliver a new digital engineering and software platform
- 5+ years of experience sitting with product and business partners to translate business concepts to technology and product strategy
- 5+ years of experience as a key technical decision-maker and influencer for distributed systems and microservices architectures
- 5+ years of experience with outstanding organizational talent, the ability to develop long term strategies, set priorities, and work under pressure
- 3+ years of experience with iterative development methodologies, including the product-driven organization model.
- 3+ years of experience operating at a senior level, on multiple or large-scale projects, incorporating all aspects of IT development
- 5+ years of experience leading architecture for product development teams, balancing business viability, technical feasibility, and customer desirability
- 5+ years of experience building strong teams and relationships with business partners, (internal and external) demonstrating professionalism in all actions
- 5+ years of experience communicating effectively with all levels of management in varying areas of business and IT
- 5+ years of experience with an eye for business & systems thinking skills
- 3+ years of experience reviewing process performance with senior leaders and obtain the support required to overcome deployment and improvement challenges
- 5+ years of experience "delivering results" and completing projects on time with quality
- 3+ years of deeply technical experience and presently with a successful product, consumer-facing or financial services company
- 5+ years of experience managing existing software products as well as the migration to a cloud-native platform
- 3+ years of experience architecting multiple successful enterprise SaaS/Cloud product lines or software products
- 3+ years of experience working with cyber security and secure architecture standards
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud native technologies, including software craftmanship, rapid prototyping, and agile development practices
- 3+ years of experience leading both internal and external resources with technical depth in emerging areas, e.g., FinTech, analytics, application development and strong security practices
- Experience building software and services for financial institutions
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 61281BR
Community / Marketing Title: Ford Credit Principal Architect - Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US