Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Software Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10183
The Electrified Systems Engineering (ESE) organization is responsible for delivering the best fuel economy and refined Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid, and Battery Electric vehicles in every segment in which we compete. Consistently delivering the best custom vehicle value and profitably while delivering these objectives with performance and smoothness of operation that exceeds our customer's expectations. Take advantage of this opportunity to work in one of Ford's most dynamic and growing organizations and further Ford's "Power of Choice" initiative.
The Ford Electrified Systems Engineering team is looking for Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Software Engineer to perform powertrain software validation duties on Hybrid and Electric applications. You will work in a team environment to deliver production-ready powertrain software on time with efficiency and quality.
As a HIL Software Engineer you will develop expertise in software test design, gain knowledge in vehicle functional partitioning, electrical and communication architectures, Ford's embedded software processes, and the Global Product Development System.
There are close collaborations with feature owners, engineering, and suppliers to develop a strong understanding of the vehicle functions and implement appropriate test design strategies for early identification of defects and provide evidence of defect elimination!
What you'll be able to do:
- Develop and implement Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) systems for high voltage components using a variety of programming languages & tools.
- Collaborates with battery engineers, suppliers, software, Hardware & controls system engineer to craft and implement new instrumentation and automation solutions.
- Support and maintain the development of plant models used in the HIL System.
- Support HIL testing and data analysis to identify implementation issues.
- Design and develop HIL Test Automation Libraries in python to support software testing.
- Validates and troubleshoots HIL simulator and automation solutions implementation.
- Design & develop Power HIL component software integration with next-generation battery simulator.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development in MATLAB/Simulink2+
- 2+ years of experience in automotive software development, software testing, or software validations
- 2+ years of C++ programming experience
- 2+ years of working knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink/State flow development environment
- 2+ years of working knowledge of Version Management Tools and Software Development Process
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Python programming experience
- Experience with Opal-RT and real-time systems
- Understanding of Hybrid Battery & Battery Vehicle operations
- Automotive simulation (electric components, controller behavior, vehicle dynamics, vehicle environment)
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as partnership skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60860BR
Community / Marketing Title: Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US