ADAS DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10159
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS DevOps team is foundational to all software development activities, providing Cloud CI/CD pipelines to build and deploy software, crafting and implementing release strategies, and supervising and improving infrastructure.
What you will be able to do The Ford Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) team is seeking a DevOps Engineer to advance existing continuous integration & continuous development infrastructure on-prem and in the cloud (currently GCP) to allow development and release of embedded applications. Working in a fast paced corporate environment, you will be a key member of the DevOps team that is responsible for deploying, maintaining and supporting CI/CD pipelines and tools (e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.) and producing build environments using an IaaS philosophy. Your role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Collaborate frequently with various external teams (software developers, Corporate IT security, QA and development).
- Lead projects to architect and deploy continuous integration pipelines from ground up.
- Supervise and maintain CI/CD builds and testing, analyze trends, and implement continuous improvements for reliability and build times.
- Ensure adequate resources for optimum performance for build and release infrastructure.
- Deploy and migrate to cloud resources.
- Develop and maintain docker images for developer and build environment.
- Develop and maintain Confluence documentation for tools and processes.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing software in C, C++, Python.
- 2+ years of experience designing and maintaining Cloud CI/CD tools and environments in a large enterprise (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Build automation tools, Nexus, Quay, Docker, Ansible, Terraform).
- 2+ year of experience deploying in Kubernetes and/or Docker environments.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based environments such as GCP or AWS.
Our Preferred Qualifications:
- GCP or AWS certified.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux (e.g. Red Hat Enterprise Linux/RHEL, Ubuntu, SLES, etc.), Unix and Windows operating systems.
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting C and C++ applications.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP etc.).
- 3+ years of experience on configuring and building containerized solutions (e.g. Docker).
- 1+ year of experience using and administering tools like GitHub, JIRA and Nexus.
- 1+ year of experience with Makefile or similar.
- 1+ year of experience supporting embedded software with embedded target OS's (e.g. QNX, Linux).
- 2+ year of experience writing scripts using Perl, Python, Groovy, or Powershell.
- 1+ year of experience configuring and deploying code quality tools such as SonarQube or Polyspace.
- 2+ years of experience in Linux operating system.
- 2+ years experience in of merging and branching code using version control tools (git preferred.
- Strong understanding of merging and branching code using version control tools.
- Experience configuring environment and pipelines using yaml, and json.
- Familiarity with creating monitoring dashboards using Grafana or similar.
What you'll receive in return: As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption. For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
Job Number: 61153BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US