Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10150
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
We are looking for an expert individual who will craft, build, deploy, and run a stable server architecture
The engineer will be part of a Ford Simulation Lab team that will build and refine an environment for developers as well as contribute to the design and implementation of the Ford Simulation Lab.
What you will be able to do
- Take the lead to establish and maintain server infrastructure.
- Responsible for crafting, developing, and installing software.
- Support and develop automation solutions that enable our product teams to build and deploy code efficient and consistently.
- Work closely with software developers to ensure that solutions appropriately support development of software products.
- Follow DevSecOps principles and culture, code quality, security standard, and software excellence best practices.
- Maintain traceability linkages between backlog, build approval and deployment.
- Encourage tool adoption to help teams with their observability and automation needs.
- Use metrics to validate needs and drive technical decisions.
- Experience building and configuring Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipelines.
- Own the development pipelines and ensure processes are robust, efficient, secure, and highly available.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, executing, deployment and testing of automation software for high profile products.
- Set up basic production monitoring and observability tools and alerts. Responds to incidents, drives to resolution, performs root-cause analysis, and seeks to proactively detect through more sophisticated monitoring tools.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with development of back-end services.
- 5+ years of experience of software development experience in a modern programming language such as Python, C++, Java, etc.
Our Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
- Experience with container orchestration such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with artifact repositories and versioning tools such as Nexus.
- Experience with Cloud services service deployments, such as GCP.
- Experience with different networking technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP).
- Experience with common configuration languages such as JSON, YAML, etc.
- Strong communication Skills.
What you'll receive in return: As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption. For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 60746BR
Community / Marketing Title: Server Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US