Software Validation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10123
Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. It's a belief that has always fueled our passion to create great cars and trucks. And today, it drives our commitment to become the world's most trusted mobility company, designing vehicles for a smart world that helps people move more safely, confidently, and freely.
The Electrified Systems Engineering (ESE) organization is responsible for delivering the best fuel economy and refined Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid, and Battery Electric vehicles in every segment in which we compete. Consistently delivering the best custom vehicle value and profitably while delivering these objectives with performance and smoothness of operation that exceeds our customer's expectations. Take advantage of this opportunity to work in one of Ford's most dynamic and growing organizations and further Ford's "Power of Choice" initiative!
The Ford Electrified Powertrain Engineering team is looking for a Software Validation Engineer to have the responsibility for validating high voltage battery-management system features/functions, including vehicle interfacing controls. You will join a team, with the opportunity to develop robust verification methods, write automated test scripts (Python), support test execution, and demonstrate results through data analysis and reporting.
You will test Ford's latest hybrid engine and transmission control strategies in Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) environment. This is an exciting and challenging environment as Ford Motor Company keeps growing the amount of development and validation using analytical methods.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead Software Validation testing, analysis, and reporting for production and experimental software.
- Develop comprehensive and robust verification methods (DVMs) supporting both software integration testing and requirement validation.
- Implement DVMs in an automated HIL environment using Python-based test scripts.
- Develop automated analysis and reporting methods using Python and MATLAB.
- Maintain feature-specific requirements traceability matrix.
- Maintain test scripts in the version control system.
- Solve embedded system faults, including hardware, software, and test bench related functionality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related field of study or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in testing and debugging automotive embedded systems software
- 2+ years' experience scripting automated tests or automated data analysis
- 2+ years of a proven understanding of software integration testing and validation strategies, including black-box and white-box approaches
- 2+ years of expertise in automation using Python
- Mechanical Engineers with coursework or projects with embedded control system development and validation, preferably in the automotive (CAN/LIN) domain
- 2+ years' experience with HIL hardware and software
- Technical writing and data presentation skills helpful
- Knowledge or interest in sophisticated testing methods is desirable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multi-functional global teams
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/reading and verbal/listening communication skills to work well with a distributed team with varied strengths
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60923BR
Community / Marketing Title: Software Validation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US