ADAS MBD Algorithm Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10118
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We're helping the world access tomorrow, today.
What you'll be able to do:
We are seeking a diligent professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies embedded software development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in Model Based Development (MBD) in support of ADAS software algorithm development. In this role you will be able to do the following:
- Lead the design and implementation MBD Software for common algorithms to support development related to ADAS features, including specifications, model and code implementation, verification, and validation.
- Understand sensor and system performance requirements and limitations, to develop robust designs, identify improvements, recognize trade-offs and make applicable design decisions.
- Work with feature owners to understand and review requested requirements and system-level interactions.
- Implement MBD Software robustness disciplines and best practices for optimal and efficient code generation.
- Review code-generation reports, including MIL/SIL and static code analysis, and provide resolution for identified issues.
- Work with SIL and HIL testing teams to continue and expand on CAE procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle-level testing.
- Support software signoff, including calibration tuning, for all vehicle programs.
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software development with MATLAB/Simulink (coursework/internship/co-op experience allowed)
- 1+ year of embedded software development
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Software development in C/C++, including Misra compliance
- Experience with MIL/SIL testing
- Experience with AUTOSAR, GitHub, Jira, Agile
- Experience with software architecture
- Experience in developing Sensor Fusion algorithms
- Knowledge of modular application development using models and/or software
- Understanding of production algorithm development
- Experience in ADAS systems/software
- Good problem-solving skills and innovative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to work well with others
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit : https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60996BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS MBD Algorithm Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US