Full Stack developer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10101
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. Unique challenges require the problem-solving skills of a diverse range of individuals. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you'll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you're looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people's lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
As a Full Stack developer, you will collaborate with a broad array of talented software engineers to build amazing software that will transform Ford.com into the standard for how vehicles are purchased online. Innovate, problem-solve, and build new features and exciting capabilities to support launches of upcoming vehicle lines - from legendary nameplates like Bronco to unannounced EV products of the future
What you'll be able to do:
- Develop Ford.com iteratively in a pair-programming environment
- Create features based on regular user interviews and fast feedback
- Work in an environment where you can learn and share knowledge openly
- Define, foster, and advance your team's culture, norms, and practices
- Choose to work remotely, on-site, or both
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance while revolutionizing automotive e-commerce
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of understanding, practicing, and advocating for clean code principles such as test-driven development (TDD), self-documenting code, continuous refactoring, and Extreme Programming (XP)
- 2+ years of practical, meaningful experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, VueJs
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Experience with web and mobile accessibility standards (WCAG compliance), tools, and testing (e.g. screen-readers, axe, user interviews)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Mechanical and engineering empathy
- A desire to collaborate closely with UI/UX designers
What you'll receive in return :
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please
Join our team as we build tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while crafting value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60774BR
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack developer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US