ADAS Embedded Software Performance Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10087
Job Description & Qualifications : At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team! Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you will be able to do:
- As a DAT Embedded Software Performance Engineer, you will Lead the performance measurement, analysis, reporting, and optimization of the interactions between software and hardware resources on embedded ECU's
- Evangelize/coach documenting and implementing optimal use of system hardware resources - CPU, (shared) RAM, storage, I/O pipelines, accelerators
- Evangelize/coach documenting and implementing for optimal software designs in Linux/QNX embedded systems
- Create performance measurements dashboards containing timing information, resource consumption information, and trends
- Define performance measurement profiles based on the hardware and software architecture, creating use cases considerate of features and functions under various stress conditions
- Evaluate embedded software implementations and provide recommendations such as library type usage, stack vs heap tradeoffs, dynamic vs static memory allocation
- Develop embedded and external user tools to aid in the collection, analysis, and reporting of system performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in C or C++
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing embedded systems for high performance, high reliability real-time embedded computing platforms
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated background in solving complex performance issues within the real-time embedded Linux/QNX domain
- Deep knowledge of lower levels of the software stack, operating systems, software/hardware interactions, usage of system calls, threads, processes
- Deep understanding of how design decisions made in the upper levels of the software stack affect lower levels and hardware/software resource usage
- Ability to define performance activity frameworks/architectures
- Ability to create processes and implementations based on industry practices and the unique needs of the embedded system
- Experience with software in the ADAS domain, machine learning, sensors, ISP and vision pipelines
- Automotive experience (MISRA, FuSa etc.) as it applies to performance analysis and improvement
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60809BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Embedded Software Performance Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US