ADAS Embedded Vision Framework Software Engineer
Job Number: 10071
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart-world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Using Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart-mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
You will be a key contributor to the team that is creating hardware, software and functional models to enable best in-class behavior for features like adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, cross traffic alert, active park assist and 360 camera systems. This will involve the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. You will focus on embedded image signal processing (ISP) development within an active safety ECU. We are seeking experienced and emerging professionals to:
- Independently and proactively drive embedded software solutions related to vision frameworks
- Provide high quality embedded software solutions for delivery into Active Safety ECU's
- Develop and document software design based on provided requirements and/or system needs
- Understand the software development lifecycle in order to ensure that software designs are robust and meet all requirements
- Develop unit tests and perform development/functional testing to ensure that solutions meet quality expectations
- Understand ECU hardware architecture and dependent microcontrollers as they impact the vision pipeline to ensure a robust video delivery system
- Identify changes to optimize performance in order to maximize efficient use of system resources and to remove throughput bottlenecks
- Work with the Ford Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Team to establish test procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
- Support final product delivery of software functionality, performance and overall quality for each supported vehicle program
- Adhere to common software development practices, including source code management and agile development methods/scrum teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 6+ months of experience in software development with C or C++ programming language (internship/coop/coursework experience allowed)
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7 yrs of experience in software development with C++ programming vs coding in C is preferred
- 6+ months of experience designing and/or testing embedded systems for high-performance, high reliability embedded computing applications (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
- 6+ months of experience in working with 3rd party or open-source chipsets and software, including but not limited to 3rd party or open-source SDK integration, utilization of hardware accelerators, extending demo code to facilitate product development (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
- Familiarity with embedded board level designs and ability to develop/debug low level software
- Experience in imaging, image processing and/or computer vision to support active safety features
- Understanding of ISP algorithms, human vision system and image quality metrics
- Familiarity with open-source vision, sensor fusion and machine learning frameworks (e.g. OpenCV, ROS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe2, scikit-learn, etc.)
- OpenVX Experience
- Proven ability to implement embedded software architectures, modular applications with Model/software
- 1+ year of experience as an applications engineer for active safety systems (e.g. ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA, Collision Avoidance, etc.)
- Experience with developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests
- Understanding of data collection and analysis of Active Safety sensor systems
- Ability to debug software bottlenecks to ensure efficient utilization of hardware resources
- Knowledge of agile development processes, tools and methods
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60734BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Embedded Vision Framework Software Engineer