Lead UX Designer - Ford Pro - Remote
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10069
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, products, and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology, and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, offering a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
What you'll be able to do: The Ford Pro Digital team is looking for a high-impact and versatile Lead UX Designer to join our team! The candidate must be collaborative by nature-willing to lead, execute, optimize and adjust both work product and processes-based on feedback and input from a number of stakeholders.
You'll have to be passionate about user experience and want to take advantage of working with highly collaborative and passionate team members. You'll have the opportunity to create and transform digital experiences for a commercial audience being offered the groundbreaking in automotive technology and supporting solutions. Balancing the business needs while always keeping our users and their goals in mind will be paramount. You will be responsible for guiding the user experience across website strategy inclusive of web-based software. You'll work with several product teams across Ford and will be encouraged to take a leadership role working with multiple designers.
- Evangelize UX practices across a portfolio of products, and be a strong voice for Human Centered design, supported by a growing team of passionate designers and leaders.
- Lead and provide strong creative leadership to a team of designers deployed to cross-functional teams responsible for multi-team, web-based projects.
- Mentor, grow, and coach designers through the growth of their UX skills and careers. Contribute to the inclusive culture of the larger Digital team.
- Develop and advocate user-centered design perspectives for your areas of focus that balance the needs of the business with technical solutions.
- Provide consistency in approach, and integrity in usability, across design efforts with multiple product units.
- Drive the delivery of design work, setting the standard for team-wide, human-centered approaches.
- Work cross functionally with leaders and colleagues to define, and complete, strategy and programs.
- Engage in comprehensive project planning and scoping to support business needs and design opportunities, setting teams up for success.
- Balance user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility to solve problems effectively, with a focus on delivering high quality experiences.
- Concept, design, test, launch and refine new products and services through systems thinking that solve known and emergent user needs.
- Support design efforts for a data-driven, test & learn program, while incorporating analytics.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by proactively identifying problems & solutions.
- Support senior leadership team for any communication and presentation needs.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in User Experience, Design, HCI or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the design and creation of online & digital websites and software.
- 1+ year of experience with leading and coaching UX designers (directly or indirectly) by demonstrating standard methodologies in design communication and approaches, mentorship, and sharing your work and knowledge with others.
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Service Design, Graphic Design, or a design related-degree (i.e. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Human Factors, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of Interaction Design, Information Architecture, and UX.
- Demonstrable expertise in UX design in all phases across a variety of projects.
- Proven ability to build consensus, influence, and work effectively within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers. Experience with building relationships, credibility, and proactive communication with team members and senior leaders.
- Experience leading website development projects from definition through execution and refinement.
- Ability to communicate the value of product features and identify trade-offs to deliver useful digital products.
- Proven experience in combining quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions.
- Understanding of translation of business metrics to inform goals of user-centric design.
- Flexibility to work on initiatives with unclear and/or changing requirements. Strong project management, problem-solving, verbal/written communication, and context switching skills.
- High-level knowledge of design tools such as: Sketch, InVision, Figma, and/or other design and prototyping software.
- Experience in B2B and/or ecommerce. Additional experience as a designer in digital marketing and/or content strategy is a plus.
- Passion for the automotive, transportation and fleet management industry.
What you'll receive in return: As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-2.pdf https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-4.pdf
Job Number: 60736BR
Community / Marketing Title: Lead UX Designer - Ford Pro - Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US